This Privacy Statement has been adopted by Del in order to demonstrate our commitment to the protection of individual privacy. The following discloses the personal information collection, use and disclosure practices of Del.
For the purposes of this Statement, “personal information” means information that is personally identifiable to individuals. “Non-identifiable information” means information that cannot be associated with or traced back to specific individuals with any certainty.
HOW AND WHEN DEL COLLECTS PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Del collects personal information in the following situations:
- On behalf of our client condominium corporations
in order to meet the requirements of the Condominium Act, 1998 and in
order to meet its property management obligations. This information is
collected through registration forms, questionnaires and transaction
documents. This information is collected from condominium unit owners,
tenants, condominium corporations, condominium declarants (or their professional
advisors), and from property management companies in situations where
management of existing condominium properties are transferred to Del. Personal
information includes contact information (for example, name, mailing address,
e-mail address, telephone number), demographic information, household information,
emergency contact, vehicle information and financial information.
- From individuals on a voluntary basis through surveys, contest entry forms,
magazine subscription forms and/or questionnaires. Personal information
includes contact information (for example, name, mailing address, e-mail address,
telephone number), demographic information, household information, preferences
and financial including income information.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION BY DEL
- Del uses personal information that it collects for the following:
The information also enables us to develop and customize promotional products
and services to better meet the needs and preferences of condominium
owners and tenants. Del may, from time to time, contact individuals by electronic
format, regular mail or telephone for any of the purposes set out above.
- To manage the common elements and other assets of condominium corporations
in accordance with Del’s various property management agreements;
- To collect common expenses and any other assessments or charges levied by condominium
corporations, on their behalf;
- To communicate with individuals;
- To understand individual needs and preferences;
- To manage the distribution of magazines and/or other publications of Del.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION BY DEL
- Del does not sell, rent or trade personal information that it collects. Del
will not knowingly disclose personal information to any third parties
except in the following circumstances:
- When Del has received consent to do so or under limited circumstances specifically
described at such time as personal information is collected;
- When Del, in good faith, believes the law permits or requires such disclosure;
- The completion and delivery of status certificates, as permitted by law;
- To its agents and professional advisors for the purpose of collection of common
expenses and any other assessments or charges levied by condominium corporations;
- In the event that management of a particular condominium property is transferred
to another management company, Del may disclose personal information
of owners and tenants of such condominium property to such management company;
- In the event of the sale of Del, personal information may be one of the transferred
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION BY DEL
- At such time as personal information is no longer required for the purposes
stated in this Privacy Statement or other statutory requirements, such
personal information will be made anonymous or destroyed.
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF NON-IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
- Del may collect and use Non-Identifiable Information to assess the effectiveness
of web site content and traffic. This allows Del to improve the quality
of visits to web sites managed by it by streamlining visitors’ ability to navigate
these sites and developing featured programs and content that will be of interest
to visitors. Aggregate non-identifiable information is used to perform statistical
analyses of the collective characteristics and behaviour of individuals,
and to measure demographics and interests.
- Del may also use aggregate non-identifiable information it collects to inform
its current and prospective sponsors and advertisers about the number
of visits to its web sites, the demographic characteristics of these visitors
and the number of times visitors have viewed and "clicked" on their advertisement(s).
Del also discloses to advertisers the overall demographics available regarding
visitors who "clicked" on their advertisement. Aggregate non-identifiable information
may be used to describe Del services and products to third parties such
as prospective business partners and financial institutions. In any of these
circumstances, only non-identifiable information in an aggregate form and not
personal information is disclosed.
WEB SITES OPERATED BY THIRD PARTIES
- Web sites operated by Del may contain links to other web sites that may collect
personal information. This Statement does not extend to the data collection,
disclosure, use and retention practices of such third parties and Del
does not assume any responsibility for the privacy practices, policies or actions
of such third parties. Individuals should read the privacy policies of
such third parties, and make an informed decision whether or not to visit such
web sites and/or provide personal information to such third parties based upon
their privacy practices and individual discretion.
SAFEGUARDING PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Del has taken measures to protect the security and confidentiality of personal
information as are appropriate in the circumstances. Personal information
is stored in confidential databases and locations in the Greater Toronto
Area. These sites have appropriate security measures in place to protect against
the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under the care and control
of Del. Any information transmitted via the Internet, however, may be
intercepted by third parties. Del does not assume any liability for interception,
alteration or misuse of information transmitted over the Internet. Del employees
are restricted from using and disclosing personal information collected by Del
other than in accordance with this Statement.
ACCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Individuals have the right to access, verify and correct or amend all of
their personal information collected by Del, on behalf of our clients.
Del believes that it is imperative that personal information be as accurate,
complete and up to date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is collected.
Accordingly, to help Del keep personal information as current as possible, Del
encourages individuals to amend inaccuracies and make corrections in their personal
information collected by Del, on behalf of our clients, as often as necessary.
HOW TO FILE A COMPLAINT
- To file a complaint with Del concerning the collection, use and/or disclosure
of personal information, please send an email to the Privacy Officer
at Del at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-739-5142.
All complaints will be investigated by the Del Privacy Officer as soon as is
practical in the circumstances. Individuals will be notified of the outcome
of the investigation of complaints clearly and promptly and will be notified
of any relevant steps taken or to be taken as a result of a complaint.
COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS
- Any comments or questions about this Statement, should be addressed to Del
Del Property Management Inc.
4800 Dufferin Street, Building C, Suite 109
Toronto, Ontario M3H 5S9
Attention: Privacy Officer
By email: email@example.com
EFFECTIVE DATE OF STATEMENT
- This Statement has been adopted by Del as of January 1, 2004. Revisions
to the Statement will be posted on this web site as soon